Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Burn baby burn

Sometimes you have to take a step back and realize that things are just just meant to be. On the way out of Davis and to SFO we had quite the stressful journey. First when we got on the 5 we somehow just missed a huge traffic back up only to hit a 5 mph slow down a few miles up the road. After a nail biting 15 minutes we passed a semi truck full of wood that had caught fire. Phew... then once we hit the lovely, hot spot of Stockton a large black cloud similar to Eyeores friendly partner decided to stick with us and meet our car at the front of a traffic blockage of yet another car engulfed in flames. We arrived just before the fireman and had the lovely opportuinty to watch them put it out. Ok fire two, check. All along my goal was to reach the airport by 3:30pm but at this point things were looking quite grim. As if I wasnt stressed enough as is about leaving I now had the lovely "missing the plane "detail to add. Thankfully our car was being watched out for beacuse when my Mom turned off the engine outside of my gate the clock read 3:30pm EXACTLY.
The night I spent in Chicago and the next day at the O Hare airport ready to board. 9 hours and 15 minutes later I touched down in Rome ready to head to Cinque Terre only to discover that there had been a train wreck, and FIRE on the route that I was susposed to take. Go figure. So now I sit and write to you from Claudias fathers office in Bologna. Full of pasta, gelatto and fine Italian beer. Little Ludovia keeps running in here screaming things in Italian and laughing.... I laugh back but am secrectly a bit worried about what the heck she is saying. Man its going to be in interesting two months. Tomorrow we head to the sea for a summer beach time. I sure hope that I can survive.

ciao tutti!

2 comments:

  1. Jenny!!! I am so proud of you. Glad to hear you made it safely there despite your setbacks on the 5. I miss you already and can't wait to hear about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many fires all in one post! Sounds like your adventure kicked off to quite a nerve wracking start but glad you are able to celebrate the accomplishment of making it to Italy in one piece with some gelato. I will miss our weekly lunch dates, I almost stopped into STA to say hi today and remembered you weren't there anymore!

    ReplyDelete