Friday, June 26, 2009

What is it about moving that reveals your worst habits? Oh, right..... it must have been all of my possessions sprawled across the front lawn of my house and all of the people driving by wondering how much they cost. hmmm, a bit embarrassing. After hours of moving, the two SUV's packed to the brim and "trailer" filled with furniture we made it to my cousins house. Thank goodness for family and friends to help (and hopefully not judge me too harshly) through the moving process and storage of all of my crap.

After an exhausting week of packing, unpacking and then repacking, followed by practice walks around the house with my full pack (it has a small pulse... a human can fit in it) I think that I am as ready as I will ever be. 40 hours of travel time and plenty of airline germs await my ingestion tomorrow as I head from SFO to Chicago and then onto Rome late Monday. I am going to become Steve Martin as I experience all that the mobile world has to offer - planes, trains and automobiles. I hope that my large hand gestures will come in handy when I arrive in Italy ready to find the "village" that the family lives in. It is so small that they don't have addresses - all that I need to know is that it is an orange house with rooftop terrace. Oh joy.

Until next time. Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment