Monday, June 15, 2009

Italian Summer, T-13 Days

An all too familiar site, imagine with me if you will: countless boxes scattered across the house, dust bunnies you thought had fled the coop and the pointless attempt to use the last of the canned food you thought would be a good idea to stock up with in the winter.... Yes, it is time to move again. However this time, fleeing the country is a bit more accurate.
I am leaving in less than 2 weeks for a summer in Italy and Eastern Europe. Am I excited? Yes. Anxious? Yes. Drooling over the memory of amazing food and wine - well that goes without saying. Bologna, Cinque Terre and Perugia are going to fill the first 2 months, a holiday with the Riva family. It will be an adventure to share a room with a three year old little girl-a chance to revert back to playing house and tea party with a new twist, the language barrier. I hope that I don't get too many paper cuts trying to translate pre-school slang in my dictionary.
After the latest version of adventures in babysitting comes a visit to an old friend in Southern Italy and then 10 days in Greece. Who knew that I would be able to star in my very own version of Mama Mia and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Maybe... Mama Mia's' traveling Pants? Or Sisterhood of the Traveling Mama? No.... too far.
I'll try to paint a picture of my adventures here - who knows where they will take me. I am ready for a new start; a reinvention of Jenny if you will. Time to begin the journey. Stay tuned.



2 comments:

  1. This is seriously the funniest blog I have read in LONG TIME!!! Since when did you have this incredible gift for writing?!?!! You must have learned a little more at UCD then I was aware of. But, don't get me wrong I always knew you were extremely witty and intelligent. This blog is going to blow my mind I just know it! Also, I am so incredibly proud of you for blogging I LOVE IT!!!

    PS: love the combo's of mama mia and sisterhood...so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny, This will be a new one for me to branch out into the world of blog!
    You go and bring me back the world...
    much love from Idaho

    ReplyDelete